[kaffe] Anyone working on ARM VFP + EABI support ?

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Jul 6 02:45:33 PDT 2007

Ronald,

Ronald Sloot wrote:
>At the moment we are trying to first pass all the jitBasic test cases.
>We updated the jit-arm.def to emit VFP instructions instead of VPA and
>made some other temporary changes related to EABI. We've not passed all
>jitBasic test cases yet. Will keep you posted. Note: we use gcc 4.1.1,
>kernel 2.6.17. At the moment Kaffe only emits FPA instructions instead
>of VFP. I assume your target uses FPA ?

The FPU for arm is something mysterious (at least) for me. What currently
I use is the FPU on (or in) QEMU
 (see http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php for more detail)
and I guess it is FPA according to
http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort#head-292fb677a89b53821056f269bc5744e014cacfd7

As far as gcc is concerned, I have some difficulty to use 4.x version,
and if you can do, I recommend to start with gcc3.x.

Kiyo