kaffe 1.1.8 (Was: Re: [kaffe] Future directions for Kaffe)

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Mon Jun 11 22:46:40 PDT 2007

Dalibor and others,

Dalibor wrote:
>D) Merge in tbfg's m68k patch. Kiyo, could you take a look at it?
>http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2007-June/104949.html

Yes, I've spent some time to investigate this proposal.
In general, the patch posted tries to comment out some instructions
which are not supportded by coldfire, and no simple way to co-exist
this port with m68020/030/040 ports. I think we may have to introduce
one configure option to force the make for coldfire or not.

Anyway, by this weekend, I may be able to post my proposal to
merge this port.

By the way, I am still playing with arm-jit3, and got some big progress.
But this indicates mips-jit3 should not work right now. Are there anyone
who can make mips-jit3 work for the CVS-head?

Kiyo