kaffe 1.1.8 (Was: Re: [kaffe] Future directions for Kaffe)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jun 12 19:05:28 PDT 2007

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Dalibor and others,
>
> Dalibor wrote:
>> D) Merge in tbfg's m68k patch. Kiyo, could you take a look at it?
>> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2007-June/104949.html
>
> Yes, I've spent some time to investigate this proposal.
> In general, the patch posted tries to comment out some instructions
> which are not supportded by coldfire, and no simple way to co-exist
> this port with m68020/030/040 ports. I think we may have to introduce
> one configure option to force the make for coldfire or not.

Thank you, Kiyo.

Looking at a gcc checkout, I see that the m68k gcc has a builtin define
for coldfire, __mcoldfire__, couldn't we use that?
(The builtin_define is in gcc/gcc/config/m68k/m68k.h)

> Anyway, by this weekend, I may be able to post my proposal to
> merge this port.

Great!

> By the way, I am still playing with arm-jit3, and got some big progress.

Cool, then I'll defer playing with arm-jit3 until you're ready for check
in, and continue working off the other tasks from the list.