kaffe 1.1.8 (Was: Re: [kaffe] Future directions for Kaffe)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Jun 13 09:40:04 PDT 2007

Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Looking at a gcc checkout, I see that the m68k gcc has a builtin
> define for coldfire, __mcoldfire__, couldn't we use that?
> (The builtin_define is in gcc/gcc/config/m68k/m68k.h)
I've discussed that off-list with Roland (== tbfg on IRC), and according
to his tests, gcc predefines __mcoldfire__ for
coldfire CPUs, so I think we could use it to #ifdef / #ifndef parts of
the JIT for coldfire.

Alternatively, we could add a configure switch. I'd prefer not having
another configure option, though, it it's something
we can autodetect. The configure script is awfully long enough as it is. :)