[kaffe] Re: kaffe Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5

Andreas Kielkopf a.kielkopf at gleisplanspiel.de
Tue Mar 27 05:13:13 PDT 2007

Am Montag, den 26.03.2007, 16:04 -0800 schrieb kaffe-request at kaffe.org:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Future directions for Kaffe (Jim Pick)

> * If anybody is currently doing something interesting with Kaffe, or has
> any aspirations for it, please send some email to the list!  We need the
> ideas and the traffic!
>
> Cheers,
>
>  - Jim
> End of kaffe Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5
> ************************************

Hi Jim

I will use Kaffe in an embeded-Board with an ARM-Style Prozessor. I
think kaffe will be better for this small board than OpenJDK.
Kaffe works in a lot places, you cant use OpenJDK jet.

kaffe works even with nanoX.

Personaly i think kaffe will not (or should not) die because of OpenJDK.

OpenJDK is good for the big boxes, but kaffe is better for the small
boxes.

Don´t worry about kaffe on Debian. It works fine. Since some time you
even don´t have to compile yourself, because there are packages in
debian.

(please excuse my odd english)
greetings to all kaffe-users
--