[kaffe] Kaffe AWT porting issue

Yifan Chen yifan_chen at gemtek.com.tw
Wed Nov 7 01:38:03 PST 2007

> Since Kaffe uses the AWT implementation from GNU Classpath, it would be
> of the similar ways porting to Gtk+/DirectFB.  Currently, GNU Classpath
> AWT implementation depends on some Xlib and X extensions, and you have
> to rewrite the small pieces of Gtk+/GDK AWT backend within gtkpeer.
>
> Otherwise, it won't work.  Also, please make sure that you are using the
> experimental and up-to-date CVS head of Kaffe since kaffe 1.1.x is
> so-called "development release".
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Huang <jserv @ kaffe.org>
> PS: Nice to meet some Taiwanese guys here.

Hi Jim,

I'm quite new to embedded Java and I'm not sure about the 'small pieces' you
mentioned above. Did you mean that some files under
libraries/javalib/external/classpath/native/jni/gtk-peer need to be
modified?

And I kept getting conection timed out when connecting to the CVS. Is the
CVS
server alive?

Surprised and good to see a reply from the same place. Thanks a lot.

Yifan