[kaffe] Kaffe AWT porting issue

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Tue Nov 6 01:27:32 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:02:14PM +0800, Yifan Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've spent times porting Kaffe AWT on my board but still have no luck.
>
> My host system is sh4-linux. I have DirectFB as my windowing system, and GTK+ on top of DirectFB.

Since Kaffe uses the AWT implementation from GNU Classpath, it would be
of the similar ways porting to Gtk+/DirectFB.  Currently, GNU Classpath
AWT implementation depends on some Xlib and X extensions, and you have
to rewrite the small pieces of Gtk+/GDK AWT backend within gtkpeer.

Otherwise, it won't work.  Also, please make sure that you are using the
experimental and up-to-date CVS head of Kaffe since kaffe 1.1.x is
so-called "development release".

Thanks,
Jim Huang <jserv @ kaffe.org>
PS: Nice to meet some Taiwanese guys here.