[kaffe] jamvm runs on iphone, still trying with kaffe

Dario Laverde dario at nycjava.net
Mon Nov 26 09:39:18 PST 2007

Thanks Dalibor,

Yes your assumptions are right, and I've attached the corresponding build.log.

As a reference here's what was done to JamVM to get it running on the iPhone:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4633203

Apparently no patches were required of gnu classpath 0.96.1 as that worked out of
the box.

I initially thought kaffe had a similar JNI related issue as jamvm because when
using -v the loaded classes displayed up until what seemed to be the first class to
use JNI which was the Pointer32 class right before I got the bus error (and I got
the same results with 1.1.7 and 1.1.8).

thanks,
Dario