[kaffe] kaffe compilation under cygwin

Yavor Georgiev yavor.g.georgiev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:52:41 PDT 2007

Hi Dalibor,

Sory for the late reply. Today I did cvs checkout (several times ;)
last about 20 minutes ago) of whole kaffe module.
I am using my config options
$ ../kaffe/configure --without-alsa --without-x --without-esd
--disable-sound --disable-xawt-xi18n --disable-gtk-peer
--disable-native-awt --disable-gconf-peer --with-engine=intrp
--host=i386-cygwin32 --build=i386-cygwin32 --with-staticvm
--with-staticbin --disable-shared --with-threads=unix-jthreads

, jikes-1.22 and gcc-4.2.1:

After I start make I get the following error:

Adding java source files from srcdir '..'.
Adding java source files from VM directory ../vm/reference
/usr/bin/jikes +Pno-switchcheck +Pno-shadow +F  -bootclasspath '' -extdirs '' -s
ourcepath '' --classpath ../vm/reference:..:../external/w3c_dom:../external/sax:
../external/relaxngDatatype:.:: -d . @classes

Found 1 system error and issued 1 warning:

*** Semantic Warning: The file "../vm/reference:..:../external/w3c_dom:../extern
al/sax:../external/relaxngDatatype:.::" is not a valid directory.

*** Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath
, and/or extdirs setup. Jikes could not find package "java.lang" in:
                ../vm/reference:..:../external/w3c_dom:../external/sax:../extern
al/relaxngDatatype:.::

make[3]: *** [compile-classes] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/kaffecvs/kaffe/libraries/javalib/external
/classpath/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/kaffecvs/kaffe/libraries/javalib/external
/classpath'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/kaffecvs/kaffe/libraries/javalib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Probably there is something wrong with the new version classpath ? Is
it possible they conflict with my config options. To be honest I want
to stay with these options and later on try to compile it for vxworks,
so it is important for me to work even with these restrictions.

Best Regards
Yasho

--

Best regards,