[kaffe] Kaffe (ARM Cross-Compile using GNU EABI)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Feb 4 07:58:33 PST 2008

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi Galvez,
>
>> I am trying to cross compile my kaffe using ARM-Linux GNU EABI
> I know your problem does not come from this reason, but as FAQ.arm says,
> EABI is not supported right now.

Yeah, I'd consider trying CVS head instead of 1.1.8. I've played with
EABI and the interpreter last week, and it built & ran most of the
regression tests using libffi, so if you are interested in hacking on
Kaffe on arm-eabi-linux, that would be a good place to start.

For native builds in qemu, you can grab the armel debian image from
http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/qemu/ (user root pass debian, user test
pass test), build classpath 0.96.1 using a prebuilt glibj.zip (i.e.
http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/glibj.zip) as the memory QEmu can simulate
for arm(el) is maximally 256M, over that the kernel won't boot, and
using 'swap' on an emulated disk is a bit of performance overkill, I
think. See http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiHowto for how to grab a kernel
for qemu armel.