[kaffe] Kaffe (ARM Cross-Compile using GNU EABI)

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Mon Feb 4 09:42:23 PST 2008

Hi Dalibor,

>For native builds in qemu, you can grab the armel debian image from
>http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/qemu/ (user root pass debian, user test
>pass test), build classpath 0.96.1 using a prebuilt glibj.zip (i.e.
>http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/glibj.zip) as the memory QEmu can simulate
>for arm(el) is maximally 256M, over that the kernel won't boot, and
>using 'swap' on an emulated disk is a bit of performance overkill, I
>think. See http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiHowto for how to grab a kernel
>for qemu armel.

Wow, amazing! Please keep it there. I am now playing with {Net,Free}BSD
versions of arm, and no time to play with it right now...

As far as NetBSD is concerned, the emulator 'gxemul' supports NetBSD
to be booted (with which I tested for kaffe-1.1.7) but unfortunately
the 'gdb' program in this environment causes illegal instruction. I
am now considering to purchase real board which can be used for NetBSD.

Kiyo