[kaffe] ARM Cross-Compile using GNU EABI

Leandro Galvez galvez.andy at cassis-intl.com
Wed Feb 13 01:53:44 PST 2008

Hi,

    I've tried cross compiling the libltdl3 using the following command and it completed successfully until installation using make install
CC=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc CPP=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-cpp CXX=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ RANLIB=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ranlib ../libtool/configure --prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/libtool --exec-prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/libtool --host=arm-linux

Then I tried cross compiling kaffe again using the following command

CC=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc CPP=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-cpp CXX=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ ../kaffe/configure --prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/kaffe --exec-prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/kaffe --host=arm-linux --with-classpath-prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/classpath --disable-native-awt --with-includes=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/libtool/include --with-libs=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/libtool/lib

And now it resulted into the following error while configuring the kaffe

checking for ltdl.h... yes

checking for library containing lt_dlcaller_register... no

configure: error: Can't find the libltdl library.

    I' also tried cross compiling the libltdl3 using the following command and it completed successfully also until installation using make install

CC=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc CPP=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-cpp CXX=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ RANLIB=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ranlib ../libtool/configure --host=arm-linux

Then I tried cross compiling kaffe again using the following command

CC=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc CPP=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-cpp CXX=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ ../kaffe/configure --prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/kaffe --exec-prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/kaffe --host=arm-linux --with-classpath-prefix=/mnt/nfsshare/usr/local/classpath --disable-native-awt

And again it resulted into the following error while configuring the kaffe

checking for ltdl.h... no

configure: error: Can't find the ltdl.h header file from the libltdl library

Can anybody please help me?  I feel so frustrated now.  I need to make this kaffevm work

Thanks and best regards,

Leandro Galvez