[kaffe] Removed GMP math?

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 5 02:30:17 PST 2008

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> On a side note, Andrew Hughes has just cleaned up and merged in Raif's
> patch, so it would be nice if you & Alan could give Classpath's CVS head
> a shot and see if it works for you.

   Thanks very much!  I had hoped to be able to test it out, but I might
not have time for a while.  Dalibor, I appreciate your thoughtful
discussion of the tradeoffs of keeping or removing GMP from Kaffe, and I
agree that integrating it into Classpath is a good solution, if we can
test it and keep it up-to-date, and make sure it can be built for a
variety of platforms.

   I have been contributing performance enhancements to the OpenJDK
project for the java.math.BigInteger class, but I haven't looked to see
how my algorithms compare to those in Classpath.  Is there any problem
with me contributing patches to both projects?

   Thanks!

--
  Alan Eliasen              |  "Furious activity is no substitute
  eliasen at mindspring.com    |    for understanding."