[kaffe] problem in installing openssl

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Mar 5 06:04:27 PST 2008

Arun Prasad Mohan wrote:
> I am facing the following problem when running the following command to
> configure kaffe1.1.7
>
>  ./configure --without-x --disable-gtk-peer --with-engine=intrp CFLAGS=-O0
> --with-staticlib --with-staticbin --with-staticvm --enable-debug
> --enable-xdebugging --enable-vmdebug --with-trishul-keystore=
> trishul.keystore --with-trishul-keystore-alias=trishul
> --with-trishul-keystore-password=trishul
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... mawk
> checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> *checking for OpenSSL... configure: error: Cannot find ssl libraries
> *
> I had installed openssl using sudo apt-get install openssl
>
> Please help me how to proceed.

The Kaffe.org version 1.1.7 does not use OpenSSL, afaict from grepping
through the source code.

 From the configure string, I assume you're working with
http://www.few.vu.nl/~srijith/trishul/ so I'd suggest contacting the
author.

If you have the configure.ac and config.log files, you can of course
take a look yourself at how the configuration check for OpenSSL is done,
and why it fails. The file config.log is used by the configure script to
record such information.