[kaffe] Porting kaffe - Make error - relocation overflow

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Mar 19 07:56:09 PDT 2008

Sivaramakrishnan KC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting kaffe to a research architecture abacus( 32 bit RISC). I
> am using gcc 2.95.3. I tried porting kaffe-1.1.8 and kaffe-1.0.7 and
> encountered the same error during make.
>
> /tmp/cc4O2KKc.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cc4O2KKc.s:14622: Error: relocation overflow

That sounds like a problem in the assembler or the code produced by gcc.

You could try building kaffe using gcc with -Os to optimize the
generated assembler code for size, in case the file is too big for the
assembler. Alternatievely, you could try splitting the C file
into smaller files, and compiling them separately.