[kaffe] Swing GTK

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:20:40 PDT 2008

Hi,

I was trying to get Kaffe to have a gtk look and feel on Fedora.  It seems
that the two looks supported are gnu and the Metal.  gnu does not look like
GTK.  Is there a GTK look and feel for Linux?  Or is there something wrong
with my installation?

I tried classpath head, but kaffe head would not compile.  I ended up using
kaffe head with classpath 0.97.1.

I have been trying to compare a simple application written in Swing and
AWT.  I am finding that this simple app looks different than I was expecting
on windows and OS X using sun's and apples JVM.  I wanted to check this on
Linux but cannot find a Java implementation that has similar l&f on linux.

Michael