[kaffe] Hi, problem running kaffe in ARM Target

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Nov 6 23:44:58 PST 2008

Hi Mahesh,

>    Im a newbie, I have compiled kaffe 1.1.9 for arm on fedora8. When I
>try to compile Hello world program using kaffe I get a "bus error"

I noticed, fedora team made good wiki for running it on QEMU
	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/HowToQemu
but have not time right now to play with it.

So, I don't have concrete idea why your make does not work, but
I can make two suggestion.

1. Which engine are you using? Usually interpreter is much safer
   than default (jit3 in arm case) engine.
2. Which version of gcc are you using? Usually gcc-3 is much safer
   than latest (gcc-4 maybe) compiler.

Kiyo