[kaffe] Some slides from the Free Java Meeting at Fosdem

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Fri Feb 13 00:59:51 PST 2009

Hi all,

Hope everybody recovered from the meeting. It was really fun to meet
everybody and to hear about all the cool stuff people are working on.
The presentations were really informative so we collected some of the
presentation slides for those that couldn't make it or for those that
want to go over them again. See the full list below.

Dalibor linked them all from the wiki and when there are more
presentations available we will add them (if you gave a presentation and
also want to link to your slides please do add them or ping one of us to
upload them for you): http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem

Original talk abstracts and bios of the speakers can be found at:
http://fosdem.org/2009/schedule/devroom/freejava

Thanks for a great event!
your friendly ad hoc Fosdem meeting committee,

Dalibor Topic,
Andrew John Hughes,
Andrew Haley,
David Herron
and Mark Wielaard

Presentations Free Java Meeting, Fosdem:

Caciocavallo, Roman Kennke & Mario Torre
http://www.limasoftware.net/neugens/downloads/classpath/caciocavallo/Cacio_Presentation_2.pdf

XRender Java2D Pipeline, Clemens Eisserer
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Clemens-XRender.odp

Gervill Software Synthesizer, Karl Helgason
https://gervill.dev.java.net/files/documents/7973/126418/fosdem2009-gervill.pdf

Cacao, Michael Starzinger
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Michael-Cacao.pdf

VMKit, Nicolas Geoffray
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Nicolas-VMKit.pdf

Groovy Grails for NetBeans, Matthias Schmidt
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Matthias-Groovy-Tooling.pdf

Towards a Universal VM, Alex Buckley
http://blogs.sun.com/abuckley/resource/FOSDEM2009-TowardsAUniversalVM.pdf

JSR292 - Supporting Dynamically Typed Languages, Remi Forax
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Remi-JSR292.pdf

JamVM, Robert Lougher
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2009/Fosdem?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Robert-JamVM.pdf

JNode, Peter Barth