SunOS Install Problems

Greg T. Harber gth at cs.sfasu.edu
Wed Apr 2 12:18:21 PST 1997

I'm trying to install Kaffe 0.8.3 on a Sun SS20 running SunOS 4.1.4.
I'm all GNU ... gcc 2.7.2.1.f.1, make, ld, etc
The compile went fine, as did the install and I altered my .profile
for the ENVIRONMENT stuff.  But when I try to run the initial tests
I get:

[sysadm at babbage test]$ javac HelloWorldApp.class
ld.so: Undefined symbol: _select

[sysadm at babbage test]$ kaffe HelloWorldApp.java
ld.so: Undefined symbol: _select

Any ideas?

BTW Sorry if this is FAQ material.  An archive of this list would be
nice so I could search it first.

Greg T. Harber                        gth at cs.sfasu.edu
Director, McGee Computing Laboratory  409 468-2508
Department of Computer Science        P.O. Box 13063
Stephen F. Austin State University    Nacogdoches, TX 75962 USA