Unix must have a stable, fast Java VM

Bryan Mann bmann at whistle.com
Tue Apr 15 16:38:50 PDT 1997

Joaquin wrote in a previous message:

> Also, what about DOS?  Java is important for DOS users and this could help
> supplant Microsoft's wedge in the market.  Sun has announced a JavaPC
> program, but they are going to charge a $100 per user.  I think this is
> criminal especially in contrast to what Java represents.

I personally have contacted Sun/Javasoft(I urge everyone to do the same)
and shared my view that they should be giving away the JavaOS/HotJavaViews
to anyone interested in downloading DOS only versions.  Especially
community colleges and high schools not able to upgrade to the bigger
faster Wintel solutions.

Needless to say they have not replied.

Bryan.