Compiliation errors on Linux

James Dempsey jamesd at spirit.com.au
Sat Apr 19 09:40:50 PDT 1997

Hello Rama, on Apr 14 you wrote:

> 	I am not able to compile kaffe-0.8.3 on Linux box.
> 	Can you help me?

> gcc -g -O  -I. -I. -I./../../config -I../../config -I../../include
> -DTRANSLATOR -I./jit -DKVER=\"0.83\" -c -fPIC external.c
> external.c:67: parse error before `libHandle'
> external.c:67: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

  This sounds exactly the same as a problem I encountered when compiling
on AmigaDos. The fix I used was:

4. In kaffe/kaffevm/external.c, as the Amiga version of Kaffe does not
support any dynamic library loading, the macro LIBRARYHANDLE isn't defined.
As a stopgap, I added the following lines immediately before the first
reference to LIBRARYHANDLE:

#if !defined(LIBRARYHANDLE)
#define LIBRARYHANDLE void*
#endif