Integrating PSjava with kaffe

Aleksey Sudakov zander at conextions.com
Wed Feb 19 22:04:04 PST 1997

I've been trying to build AWT on top of NeXTSTEP DPS using Mike
(mike at isg2.brite.net) PSjava package with kaffe and apart from minor problems
with kaffeh that lack -o and -d options I run into numerous problems and
start to doubt that it's possible after all.

Could someone please assure me that kaffe use Sun's AWT native methods? If
this is the case could someone please tell me how should I go about
integrating the library of AWT native methods with kaffe. Should I just link
kaffe with that library or it ain't that simple?

The other thing that I noticed is that although NeXTSTEP support shared
libraries make force kaffe to use static one with -DNO_SHARED_LIBRARIES. Why
is that?

Hope I do not sound that much stupid.

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Aleksey