Kaffe thread implementation

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at mchp.siemens.de
Thu Feb 20 03:12:49 PST 1997

Hi,

what are the future plans for threads of kaffe? I'm porting kaffe
to Chorus/ClassiX (Rel. 3.1b from Chorus), first for i386 but the
integrated threads of kaffe won't work on Chorus, don't know why: Simple
Programs run fine but if the java program creates it's own threads, the
JVM crashes. Currently I'm using kaffe version 0.8.1 with static libraries
and with the interpreter engine.

I've seen some "#if defined(USE_INTERNAL_THREADS)" in the source code
and plan to use Chorus' internal threads but I don't want to re-invent
this task. Are there other projekts using "external" threads with
kaffe?

Frank

Frank Mehnert
email: Frank.Mehnert at mchp.siemens.de