SV: Kaffe thread implementation

Pontus Rydin pontus at abalon.se
Thu Feb 20 05:16:01 PST 1997

Frank,
I've made a port of kaffe 0.5.5 that uses Windowns/NT native OS threads.
One of the major problems was the mutex/condvar code that needed a
complete redesign in order to work with native threads. Furthermore, the
GC (again, in 0.5.5) wasn't preemption safe at all. I solved this by
using PARC-GC instead (mainly because the rest of my project depends on
it).

If you like to see the code, I would be happy to share it with you. Of
course, since it's a Win32 port of 0.5.5, most of the code is useless to
you, but you might find some of the basic design useful.