Mail reply delays

drudder at novitacom.com drudder at novitacom.com
Tue Jul 15 17:22:14 PDT 1997

On 15 Jul, Per Bothner wrote:
>> I'm staying in Mountain View
>> (near a car wash everyone knows apparently) but I can drive wherever - though
>> whether I can drive back is another matter....
>
> There is the Tied House brew-pub a few blocks from Mountain View
> down-town.  (I don't know it very well, but supposedly they do serve
> real food.)  It can get pretty crowded, I'm told.
>
> There is also Gordon Biearch in either Palo Alto or San Jose or
> San Francisco.  This is a brew-pub/Calfornia food restaurant mini-chain.
>
> St James Infirmary is a deliberately tacky beer-and-burger semi-dive
> on Moffet between MV down-town and 101.
>
> El Toritos has Margueritas, other drinks, snack food, and/or dinner
> in a bar or sit-down area.  At El Camino Real and San Antonio in MV.
>
> Those are ones I can remember off the top of my head that are in/near MV.
>
> 	--Per

There's also Fibar McGee's and Murphy's Law in Sunnyvale.  The first is
an up-scale bar that serves real food if you can find a waiter.  The
second is lower scale, doesn't serve food, but is much more hospitable.
Both are on Murphy Street, about a 15 minute drive from Mountain View.
Both will be fairly crowded on a Saturday.

I believe on Saturdays Fibar McGee's has a free munchie-food stand
(potatoe skins, cheese balls, fried food stuffs mostly), which would be
a definite plus in my eyes.

--
			-Dave
		drig at novitacom.com

Do not meddle in the ways of sys admins for they are subtle and quick to
anger.

My opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of my employer