Concerned on kaffe-0.90

Yan HUANG davidyan at ga2.so-net.or.jp
Sat Jun 7 00:49:57 PDT 1997

Hi,

I installed the jdk1.1.1-linux-v3 and kaffe-0.90 on my Linux-2.0.29
platform. The installation was performed smoothly and complained
nothing. Then I define the running environment variables related to
Kaffe in accordance with what the README file wrote. However, when I
tried to run "appletviewer" (the kaffe version) on a demo in the
$JAVA_HOME/demo, the execution exit with complaining as below:

baby[4:31pm]:/usr/local/java/demo/Animator[100] appletviewer example1.html
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sun/applet/AppletThreadGroup.<init>(41)
        at sun/applet/AppletClassLoader.getThreadGroup(592)
        at sun/applet/AppletPanel.init(149)
        at sun/applet/AppletViewer.<init>(189)
        at sun/applet/StdAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(88)
        at sun/applet/AppletViewer.parse(892)
        at sun/applet/AppletViewer.parse(858)
        at sun/applet/AppletViewer.main(1035)

On the other hand, I also performed the original "appletviewer"
(adhered to the jdk1.1.1-linux-v3) on the same demo above. It just
seemed that running is quite well.

I have no idea how to fix it. Could someone on this list net help me?
Any advices will be appreciated.

By the way, if you will enlighten me, please email me directly with
following E-mail address:

	davidyan at ga2.so-net.or.jp

since I am not on this mailing list.

Thank you in advance.