Kaffe on SCO

darknerd at best.com darknerd at best.com
Thu May 8 13:47:57 PDT 1997

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Pohl Longsine wrote:

> >Some companies just make solutions, while other companies make
> >excuses.
> >
> > - joaquin
>
> I have no connection with cygnus, but I had to step in here because
> this comment bothers me.  Metrowerks does not have the additional
> burden that their tools are versions of free tools.

Actually they do.  And they make some freeware themselves.

> Cygnus is a bunch of heroic geniuses that are trying to make
> money in consultancy while simultaneously contributing to the
> free software community.

I have no problem with that.  All the power to them.

> If they want to price thier compilers out of reach of high-maintenance
> mass-market customers, more power to them.

This is where I commented.  That is fine for them.  But when that is
clouded with "can't" because of "market", then that is an excuse.

Just come out and say "choose not to" because "do not want to" or "not
interested in", which is more to the truth.

 - joaquin