Solaris 2.5 + kaffe = core dump

Iso-H jd at ray.fi
Mon Oct 20 02:52:59 PDT 1997

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, James Cooper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Apache's JServ running under kaffe
> (http://java.apache.org).  JServ is a runtime environment for servlets
> that work with apache.  It doesn't use any native methods of its own.
>
> A little info about my setup:
>   Sparc 5 - Solaris 2.5
>   kaffe 0.9.1
>   classes.zip from the Sun JDK 1.1.2

  Did you compile kaffe as dynamic? I can't get kaffe to work
  (under Solaris) if it is compiled as dynamic; it just dumps
  core all the time!

  But if I use configure's option "--enable-staticlib" then kaffe
  works, but "KaffeVerifyBug" test gives this:

  java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no net in shared library path
        at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(line unknown, pc 16bf2c)
        at java/lang/Error.<init>(line unknown, pc 18b654)
        at java/lang/LinkageError.<init>(line unknown, pc 18b5dc)
        at java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(line unknown, pc 18b564)
        at java/lang/Runtime.loadLibrary(line unknown, pc 16fbc0)
        at java/lang/System.loadLibrary(line unknown, pc 18adf0)
        at java/net/InetAddress.<clinit>(line unknown, pc 19219c)
        at java/net/Socket.<init>(97)
        at KaffeVerifyBug.doit(21)
        at KaffeVerifyBug.main(9)

Iso-H