Core dump abort()

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Mon Aug 10 10:02:36 PDT 1998

Bryan Mann writes:
> Ok, I have resolved my core dump abort() with a hint from Archie.
>
> Turns out that I mistakenly had DESTDIR set during configure.
> This caused kaffe to be looking in a directory other than the
> one specified with --prefix to find the jar files.  I still
> haven't worked out why there was a difference between running
> with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set vs not set under gdb.

Just in case anybody is trying to figure out what he's talking about,
the version of kaffe Bryan's using came from me, and includes a patch
to support DESTDIR prefixing all installation target directories...
Normally you wouldn't run into this problem.

-Archie

PS. If anyone's interested in this patch email me.