HOWTO: getting BISS-JDE to run.
jsc at cs.city.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 10:06:21 PDT 1998
Well, it's not easy, but there *is* enough information out there to get
the BISS-JDE working. Here's what I had to do.
For this you will need:
* An installed kaffe 1.0, with X11 and libjpeg support.
(I used today's (26/8) snapshot.)
* biss-awt-0_94.zip and biss-jde-0_94(1).zip
* Sun's classes.zip. I used the one from the win32 jdk1.1.6
* Patience (unless you have a fast link to the 'net, o tempora, o mores)
* Create a directory somewhere (I used /home/scrane/java); unzip biss-awt
and biss-jde into it. Set your CLASSPATH. Mine looks like:
% printenv CLASSPATH
* Follow Peter's instructions from his message entitled "Re: BISS JDE ?"
The file to be edited is, on my machine,
(My copy of this file requires line 268, not 272, to be patched.)
* Compile this file:
* Copy ScrollablePane.class to the right place:
cp ScrollablePane.class ../../../lib/biss/awt/
Now try and figure out how it all works! Any clues, Peter?? (You can
grep for "static void main" in the sources, but since there's a lot of
code-generation this is not as helpful as it might otherwise have been.)
The most meaningful thing I could find was CUViewer. Strangely enough,
Jde.class has no main!
More information about the kaffe