kaffe-1.0.b1 probs on Linux

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Wed Jul 15 06:30:14 PDT 1998

sung-hun,KIM  <hunkim at jinsi.kachi.com> writes:

>>> /usr/local/share/kaffe/classes.zip:/usr/local/share/kaffe/klasses.zip:/usr/local/share/kaffe
>>> HelloWorldApp
>>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> You shouldn't use classes.zip any more.

> But I don't know the reason.
> I use JDK ans kaffe for performance test.
> My CLASSPATH is /usr/local/java/lib/classes.zip:/us.../Klasses.jar...

Kaffe now provides its own implementation of the Java Core API, and it
is different from the one provided by Sun.  Native methods and
internal representations of classes are different, so you can't expect
Kaffe to accept the Core API implementation of Sun.

You may still include classes.zip *after* Klasses.jar, if you still
wish to run `javac', for example, but this is illegal, because
classes.zip is not GPL'ed, and you can't link GPL'ed and non-GPL'ed
code together.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva at dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva at acm.org