What about GIFLIB?

Peter C.Mehlitz peter at transvirtual.com
Thu Jul 16 10:48:07 PDT 1998

> Anyway, it's unfortunate that the current class library doesn't support
> GIF images.  I understand the reasoning behind this, but would there be
> any legal problems with using GIFLIB, if installed on the user's machine?

D'Accord. I would love to throw in the GIF stuff, again. If somebody can proof
me that we don't face legal trouble, you will get it. But, since libjpeg dropped
it in 6b, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

What we *can* do is twofold: using MemoryImageSources (probably a good idea for
small "icons", anyway), and bringing in png (which I'm currently exploring).

Peter