Local stuff

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Tue Oct 13 16:39:44 PDT 1998

> Third application: ServerSocket gives a
>   java.io.IOException: Resource temporarily unavailable
> on accept() (at the same time java manages to listen, so it is not a
> local, temporal problem).

 Pavel reported the same error message with ProcessTest.  In his case,
the problem went away when he put a "sleep(2000)" in!  (I guess they
mean it when they say "temporarily"...)

I don't know what that is, but it seems to be a problem related to
the setup of file descriptors.  It would be interesting to know what
HP-UX's man pages say about when this problem occurs.  You might also
have luck playing with jthreadedFileDescriptor.

	- Godmar