Created Libraries

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jan 26 07:48:13 PST 1999

> I've been trying to add some output information about memory allocation in
> kaffe but I'm having a problem getting up and running.  I've added some code
> to the gc-mem.c file but when I run the HelloWorldApp I'm not seeing
> anything output.  I'm assuming at this point it's not using my changed
> libraries so I figured that I didn't have my LD_LIBRARY_PATH set up
> correctly but after changing this to point to the kaffevm directory it still
> didn't work.  Are there other environment variables like this I need to set
> to get to my newly recompiled libraries or is there another directory I need
> to add to this variable?
>
> Maybe a better question is that if I change some code in the VM and remake
> what are the changed files?  I see that libraries in the kaffvm directory
> get updated but is there anything else I should be looking for?

You didn't mention which version of kaffe you're using.

If you use the current CVS version, you shouldn't have to do anything.
Simply "gmake all install" and run $install_dir/bin/kaffe.
Yes, you do need GNU make these days :(

Also, note the "DBG" macros --- they may already do some of what you want.

	- Godmar