Need help porting Java to uclinux

Amol Kulkarni akulkarn at usc.edu
Mon Nov 29 01:24:55 PST 1999

Hi all,

I'm a student at the University of Southern California. As part of a
research project, I've been given the job of exploring issues involved in
porting Java to uclinux, and if possible, attempt to port it.

I think my approach should be to first identify the bare minimum
components required  for porting, since uclinux is a very constrained
environment (and also since I'm a newbie).

I would be very grateful if you could give me your suggestions/comments
regarding how to go about doing this.

Also, what are your views about the new KVM from Sun?

Thanks,
Amol