IRIX6.5 + PTHREAD?!

dan dan at csl.csam.iit.edu
Wed Apr 12 22:54:02 PDT 2000

Can anyone answer my question!
I try to port the current CVS version on IRIX 6.5 using pthread.
Here are the errors I've got while I run a multithreaded java program.
1) It looks like the thread does not get suspended?
==> The assertion in ./systems/unix-pthread/thread-impl.h fails:
assert(nt->suspendState == SS_SUSPENDED);

However, if I comment it out, the following error occurs!
2)
==> locks.c:147: failed assertion `*lkp == LOCKINPROGRESS'

Whether I need to modify the threading subsystem and the locking subsystem!
Please advise!
Thanks,

Dan