How to modify the makefile of kaffe

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Fri Apr 20 08:33:39 PDT 2001

Fang Wei Jian wrote:
> I guess that it will be more easier to modify Makefile.am, then run
> automake, and then run configure. I tried this, but the resulted
> Makefile doesn't work.

You need the correct suite of tools.  The script developers/autogen.sh
will run them in the correct order.

You need to get a CVS snapshot of automake.  You need to *not* use a
CVS snapshot of autoconf.  I have a web page about the tool chain to
use:
	http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tullmann/kaffetools.html

I seem to be using a "1.4a-dep-20000313" snapshot of automake, which
you can download from the above page.  I use autoconf-2.13 (which is
the last stable release of autoconf).  The latest CVS autoconf will
*not* work with Kaffe's Makefile.am

Hope this helps,

Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu