[kaffe] Embedded use (Zip libs, Qt etc.)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 02:41:45 PST 2002

Hi Mark,

--- Mark and Janice Juszczec <juszczec at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Dalibor wrote:
> >
> >What's the status of the kaffe.org tree non that
> >platform (mipsel-linux) using --with-engine=intrp
> ?
> >Does it compile/build at all? Or does it just crash
> >every regression test ;) ?
> >

> I haven't tried it since the beginning of the year.
> It didn't compile back
> then.  I think I sent mail to the list.

The compilation errors should be fixed by now. I
remember merging in some patches to do that.

> Since then Kevin et. al. have been working on mips
> patches.  Maybe over the
> next 2 weeks I can download the latest Kaffe source,
> patch it and try to
> build.

That would be great!

> What  version of gcc do you recommend - 2.96 or
> 3.0.1?

Use whichever version works for you. Kaffe compiles
with gcc 2.95 and 3.2 on my i386 boxes. Bradley D.
LaRonde is using gcc 3.2 in his "Building a Modern
MIPS Cross-Toolchain for Linux" document at
http://www.ltc.com/~brad/mips/mips-cross-toolchain.html

best regards,