VerifyError in PushbackReader

Stuart Ballard sballard at NetReach.Net
Mon Mar 18 06:56:26 PST 2002

Mark Wielaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 18:07, Carlos Valiente wrote:
> > I couldn't find jikes-1.15b in
> > http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10
> >
> > Is it available somewhere else?
>
> It was a special release made by Eric Blake when we tested the GNU
> Classpath 0.03 release (we observed the same sort of verification
> errors). From the INSTALL file:

Unfortunately, although 1.15b undoubtedly fixes lots of VerifyErrors,
there's one biggie that it doesn't fix, which is VerifyErrors with
either:
- a private constructor, or
- a constructor that calls this()
on any non-static inner class. That bug is still outstanding and you can
find it in the Jikes bug tracking system. I can't understand how jikes
1.15 ever got released, personally - and why this remaining huge problem
hasn't been rush-fixed and had a 1.16 put out urgently.

Stuart.
--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions