[kaffe] Some patches to use jikes

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 08:41:07 PST 2002

Hi Herve,

--- Hervé Roussain <roussain at univ-ubs.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here I propose some patches to use jikes with the
> use of a configure option.
>
> When you do:
> 	./configure --with-jikes
> it looks for jikes with AC_CHECK_PROG
>
> When you do:
> 	./configure --with-jikes=/path/to/jikes
> it uses the wanted version of jikes (it sets JIKES
> variable to
> /path/to/jikes ...)
>
> And of course when you don't use the option, it uses
> kjc.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I believe you forgot to
attach the patch, though ;) Please send patches as
unified diffs (diff -u), since they are easier to
parse for humans ...

> I also change the rebuildLib.in file because it
> supposes in the end of
> the script that the JIKES variable is set when we
> use jikes, but the way
> to use jikes has changed since a few versions (the
> JAVAC variable is
> used). So it doesn't work...

thanks for fixing that.

> To finish, a file
> (libraries/javalib/kaffe/util/local/Country_fr.java)
>
> doesn't compile with my jikes version because of a
> charset problem. This
> is only  a jikes 1.12 error. But, as it is the only
> place in all kaffe
> source that contains a such character, this is easy
> to modify.

Do you have a patch for that one as well?

http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe%40rufus.w3.org/msg02745.html)
> I know I should 1.13 as written in
> FAQ.classlibrary-compile, but the
> 1.12 is installed on my computer...
>
> Question: is that bug (VerifyError: at pc 5 sp 7...)
> fixed with the last
> versions (1.17) ???

I didn't try out 1.17 yet, I'll do so tonight and post
some results.

best regards,

dalibor topic

p.s. could you post a patch for the problem in
libraries/javalib/Makefile.am you found in
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-October/009037.html
?