[kaffe] Question::how much memory does kaffe need to run?

liu lan caihuanut at sina.com
Mon Oct 21 00:26:51 PDT 2002

hello,
          we are developing a project,which is concerned with embedded
component. and we have choosen kaffe as the Virtual machine to test our
component. we want to know what is the total cost of memory for kaffe  to
run? in other word , if we run kaffe,how much memory does it  need?  how
much memory does it need for its library and APIs? Besides,is there any
other requirements, such as Font,  Graphics System, etc,for kaffe to run on
an embedded device? I have searched your homepage and other links ,but did
not get the answer. so if possible, i wish you could give me a discription
about the target system requirements of kaffe when it runs on  embeded
devices.in the attachment ,we give some information about the target system
requirements of the Personal Basis Profile,part of the JavaTM 2 Platform,
Micro Edition (J2METM technology), which provides a platform for the
development of applications and higher level APIs for consumer electronic
devices.  The information in it is just what we want from you about kaffe.
           thanks a lot

                                                     yours sincerely: Liu Lan