[kaffe] Bug Report: ClassFormatError for java.net.SocketImpl

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Tue Apr 15 22:46:01 PDT 2003

[ I forgot an info: added at the end. Moderator, please ignore the first
post and remove this note. Thx! ]

Hi,

Here is a utility class, to trigger the bug:

class Test
{
  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    try {
      Class c = Class.forName(args[0]);
      java.lang.reflect.Method[] methods = c.getDeclaredMethods();
      System.out.println("Number of methods: " + methods.length);
    }
    catch (Throwable t) {
      t.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
}

If I run it on Kaffe from CVS, on java.net.SocketImpl, it gives a format
error.

$ /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe Test java.net.SocketImpl
java.lang.ClassFormatError
        at java.lang.Class.getMethods0(Class.java:native)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:240)
        at Test.main(Test.java:7)
null

I extracted manually the class from /usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/rt.jar, and
it looks fine at first sight. I think it was jikes 1.18 used by the
build, but the revision number is 45/3 for the classfile.

Moreover, kaffe 1.0.7 runs this example fine, so this looks like a
regression.

Daniel