[kaffe] Shutdown process

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem.lavaux at free.fr
Sun Jul 6 08:54:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am working on the VM shutdown process in Kaffe as I noticed it was not
implemented (and thus not conform to Java 1.3 but I think there are many
functions like that). Looking at the code, I have noticed that effectively VM
is always shutdown quiet bruskly: exit(xx) is called natively and that's it.
Apparently a more extended behaviour has been foreseen in the past because
there is a class calls kaffe.lang.Application which must deal with shutting
down the resource of an Application. However:
1) this does not really follow the specification as if it is used only the
thread calling exit is shut down
2) I did not see any call to kaffe.lang.Application in the javalib nor in the
C native implementation.

So is there an interest in keeping it or can I modify it without restriction ?

Guilhem.