[kaffe] kaffe-extras

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 28 08:46:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:44:47 +0200
Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:

> > Basically, it works similar to how a "ports" style system works.  I'm
> > just checking in scripts to download tar and zip files, patch them, and
> > build stuff.
> >
> > There are two basic scripts.  The first one, "bootstrap-kaffe+ant.sh"
> > just downloads the sources for kaffe and ant, and builds them.
>
> I've noticed that it uses kaffe 1.1.0. I think that for fixing/finding
> bugs and evaluating actual current status with ant and other tools,
> using kaffe from CVS head would be a better option.

On the other hand, it's good to try to use what we've released to help
gauge where we're at.  It'll help motivate us to do better releases.

> Is there a simple
> way to use CVS head as the java environment?

Just publish a snapshot "make dist" tarball somewhere and adapt the
scripts.  Or just skip the bootstrap step and use a kaffe compiled
somewhere else on your system.

I found a few bugs in Kaffe 1.1.0 with the kaffe-extras script.  If those
still exist in the CVS version, it would be nice to fix them in time
for 1.1.1 (next Sunday).

Cheers,

 - Jim