[kaffe] Help : Connecting Oracle database

swapnil joshi swapnil_joshi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 00:25:02 PDT 2003

Hii,

I am trying to connect Oracle 8i database using Kaffe
on OpenBSD 3.2 operating system.My Kaffe version is
1.0.6.I am using jdbc thin Driver for database
connection (classes111.zip from otn.oracle.com).

I am using following code for testing :

import java.sql.*;
import javax.sql.*;

public class ConnectDBOracle  {

    Connection conn;
    Statement st;
    ResultSet rs;
    public void connect(){
        try{

   Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
   conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.10.100:1521:oracl","scott","tiger");
    System.out.println("connected");
    st = conn.createStatement();
          rs = st.executeQuery("select * from emp");
 System.out.println("rs created....");

       while(rs.next()) {
 System.out.println("in while looooop");

            System.out.println(rs.getString(1));
       }
System.out.println("okayyyyyyyyyy");
           st.close();
           conn.close();

        }catch(Exception e){
            System.out.println("Error : " +e);
        }
    }

    public static void main(String ares[]){

        ConnectDBOracle  db = new ConnectDBOracle();
        db.connect();
    }
}

When I run the following code ...

I get the following error message ...

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializer Error : [exception
was kaffe.util.SupportDisabled

: GNU gmp was not found by kaffe configure Script]

at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getStringValue(OracleStatement.java
: line unknown , pc 0x60f2d6)

Can any body guide me what should I need to do to make
this code work or any other way to connect Oracle
using Kaffe on OpenBSD 3.2

*******************************

I also tried using kaffe-1.1.0 on OpenBSD 3.2 to test
same code ...

When I run the Program I get the following error
message

java.lang.ClassFormatError : (class :
oracle(jdbc/driver.oracleconnection, method :
getTypeMap signature : () Ljava/util/map;) Abstract
method in non - abstract class

at java.sql.DriverManager.getconnection (Driver
Manager.java : 164)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getconnection (Driver
Manager.java : 188)

at ConnectDBOracle.connect (ConnectDBOracle.java : 14)

at ConnectDBOracle.main (ConnectDBOracle.java : 37)

Can any body guide what should I do to connect and
access Oracle database on OpenBSD using Kaffe.

Thanks and Regards

Swapnil Joshi