[kaffe] kwrite usage

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sat Aug 28 02:28:34 PDT 2004

Alexander Boettcher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it useful/possible to use "kwrite" instead of "write" in the
> kaffe/kaffevm/debug.c ? (see diff).
>
> I use it when stderr(2) is not opened or another filedescriptor is
> used for the output. Then the implementation of the syscall interface
> can change the behavior.
>
> I use it for Kaffe with our DROPS. Kaffe now runs as a native
> application, ;-) , on our microkernel Fiasco and the L4 environment.
> (http://wwwos.inf.tu-dresden.de/drops). I plan to update my  cvs state
> of kaffe (february) with the current one and therefore I submit this
> proposal/patch, which could be useful for you (and for me ;-) ).

Hi Alexander,

I don't see any reason to keep the old syscall way. It is interesting to
use the abstract layer at that place too (with greater portability of
the debug layer in mind).

Thanks, I'll commit it today.

BTW, New ports are always really welcome for our hall of fame. ;-) So
please send. :-)

Regards,

Guilhem Lavaux.