[kaffe] Current unsynced patches between kaffe and GNU Classpath

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Mar 8 06:58:03 PST 2004

Hi all,

I resynced Kaffe from GNU Classpath today, so I created a list of
differences, that should be helpful in deciding what to merge back into
GNU Classpath.

a) gnu/java/io/EncodingManager.java

	Ito's fixes for the Classpath encoding manager to use Kaffe's libiconv
based setup. See
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-January/045038.html

	2004-01-30  Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org>

         * libraries/javalib/gnu/java/io/EncodingManager.java:
         Don't use static initializers because it causes stack overflow.

	2004-01-19  Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org>

         * kaffe/libraries/javalib/gnu/java/io/EncodingManager.java:
         Copied froGNClasspath and modified for use with kaffe.

b) gnu/java/locale/LocaleInformation_en.java,
gnu/java/locales/LocaleInformation_nl.java

	Small single line differences.

	2004-01-11  Guilhem Lavaux <guilhem at kaffe.org>

         * libraries/javalib/gnu/java/locale/LocaleInformation_en.java,
         libraries/javalib/gnu/java/locales/LocaleInformation_nl.java:
Updated
         date symbols.

c) gnu/java/net/protocol/file/Handler.java

	We are using the file handler from gcj, afaik. That explains the huge diff.

d) gnu/java/nio/SelectorImpl.java, gnu/java/nio/FileLockImpl.java

	Trivial differences due to different names of native libraries. Using a
runtime dependant VMLibNames interface of public static final Strings
would be a simple way to solve this for all VMs.

e) java/awt/Color.java

	Differences since Color needs to interface with Kaffe's own AWT
implementation.

f) java/beans/BeanDescriptor.java

	Should be merged into GNU Classpath.

	2004-01-22  Mark Wielaard  <mark at klomp.org>

         Fix for Maven 1.0-rc1.

         * libraries/javalib/java/beans/BeanDescriptor.java
         (BeanDescriptor): Set the FeatureDescriptor programmatic name.

g) java/io/BufferedInputStream.java

	Fix for Azureus bit torrent client. It wants to mark(Integer.MAX_VALUE)
on a stream, so instead of increasing the buffer to the mark size
instantly, we increase the buffer as necessary.

	2004-03-06  Guilhem Lavaux <guilhem at kaffe.org>

         * libraries/javalib/java/io/BufferedInputStream.java
         (mark, refill) Make an incremental mark buffer allocation.
         New field marktarget, CHUNKSIZE.

h) java/io/File.java

	Native library naming differences. Kaffe also has a  File(URI uri),
toURI and a delete on Exit implementation, that could go into GNU
Classpath. There is also a difference in the  File(File directory,
String name) constructor that Guilhem may be more familiar with.

i) java/io/FileDescriptor.java,
java/io/ObjectInputStream.java,
java/io/ObjectOutputStream.java,
java/nio/channels/FileChannelImpl.java,
java/nio/ByteOrder.java,
java/nio/DirectByteBufferImpl.java,
java/util/TimeZone.java

	Native library naming differences.

j) java/io/ObjectStreamClass.java

	Some security provider weirdness.

k) java/lang/Boolean.java
java/lang/Character.java
java/lang/reflect/Proxy.java

	Kaffe doesn't use VMClassLoader interface from GNU Classpath yet.

l) java/net/InetAddress.java
java/net/InetSocketAddress.java

	Various patches by Guilhem

m) java/text/DecimalFormatSymbols.java

	Small typo correction.

n) java/text/AttributedString.java

	Small fix for FOP

o) java/text/DecimalFormat.java,
java/text/FormatCharacterIterator.java,
java/text/MessageFormat.java,
java/text/SimpleDateFormat.java,

	Various patches by Guilhem

That's about it. I'll check in some small stuff (n, m, g, f). The text
changes should be synchronized between Michael Koch and Guilhem, the
networking changes may need more work before they are ready for GNU
Classpath.