[kaffe] Re: kaffe for m68k/linux and m68k/netbsd

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri May 21 05:20:04 PDT 2004

Hi Dalibor,

I wrote:
>I know that kaffe side has not been changed. My wondering is NetBSD
>might change its gcc's behavior at some stage.

I can not find differences which might cause the different behavior
of packing short in gcc's builtin-specs for m68k/{linux,netbsd}, and
I am now trying to reconfigure kaffe with -mno-align-int.

But, while trying to find the reason for this bug, I become wondering
when is the last time the kaffe for m68k/netbsd works. I mean, one
possibility is before the introduction of trampoline code...

Anyway, that's good peace to play with :-)

By the way, I think the failure for m68k/netbsd-1.5.3 should be more
serious. Because it looks like some problematic behavior of libtools
with 'a.out' format. Has libtools tested with 'a.out' port these
days?

Kiyo