[kaffe] Latest status of m68k/netbsd1/jit3

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Sep 13 03:30:22 PDT 2004

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote:
>
>>But, this (Friday, JST) morning I noticed the IIci on which netbsd is now
>>running had no response ;-< Looks like some mother board problem. So, I
>>have to postpone this automatic test until I get replacement or I install
>>netbsd on Q700, sigh...
>

> I went to Akihabara (very famous place in Tokyo where more than 100
> electric stores in 1 km^2), and got IIci (roughly 40 Euro) this weekend.

Hi Kiyo,

Akihabara[1] looks like a great place for shopping. And it's huge, too :)

> The latest snap can be built without modifying any, and the test result
> is
> 	================================
> 	22 of 144 tests failed
> 	Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
> 	================================
>
> Not so bad.

I think I need to start tracking the status on the web to keep a record
of all those regression test results. You still need to work around that
libtool issue, right?

> Filures are
> DoublePrint.java			DoubleComp.java
> divtest.java				InternHog.java
> WaitTest.java				CharCvt.java
> ProcessTest.java			SoTimeout.java
> LineNumberReaderTest.java		LostTrampolineFrame.java
> InetSocketAddressTest.java		ShutdownHookTest.java
> GCTest.java				ExceptionInInitializerTest.java
> ProcessClassStop.java			ProcessClassLockTest.java
> DoubleBug.java				ExecTest.java
> InterfaceSuperClass.java		ImplementClass.java
> FieldErrors.java			MethodErrors.java
>
> The last for are trivial (by kjc bug), and some are not know to be
> fault. 'CharCvt' are reported as failure by some very strange
> reason, I have to check it later.
>
> Anyway, compiling and testing can be done automatically is a good
> sign for me.

Thanks again for the testing & the patches. Keep up the great work!

[1] http://www.akiba.or.jp/english/ and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara . Chuo Dori sounds very
interesting, in particular :)