[kaffe] Building kaffe-1.1.4 for arm uClinux

David Tiller dtiller at captechventures.com
Wed Jan 19 15:22:39 PST 2005

I read on the kaffe archives that someone (Andrea) had some success porting Kaffe to arm uClinux. I find myself in the same boat - I need to port Kaffe-1.1.4 to am Arm-based uClinux 2.4.22 processor. Are there any tips you could pass my way, or perhaps a build script?

I have the latest arm tools from uClinux.org (arm-elf-20030314). I've tried the steps outlined in a <a href="http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe@kaffe.org/msg04959.html">posting</a> that uses linux settings (and modifies include/system.h for path seps). I get all the way to the link stage, and it fails with undefined reference to lt_preloaded_symbols. I'd really like to start clean with specific settings for uClinux, not a munge of 'real' linux settings.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - I'm willing to get the patches in shape to be added to kaffe, but I need a boost.

Thank you in advance!